Sunday, March 23, 2008

Week #8 Thing #19

LibraryThing is a lot of fun. A great way to connect with other people about books. I had started a LibraryThing account a while ago but hadn't gotten around to getting back to it. I read some of the posts on Librarians who LibraryThing and found them interesting. Another way to connect with colleagues online.

I found that one of the books I'd added The Giver by Lois Lowry was my most popular book with around 5000 others listing it on their LibraryThing as well. The least was Princess Furball by Charolotte Huck. Oh well...that's one of my all time favorites anyway.

I had an idea that next year I might use this with my 5th and 6th graders. I have book club for all the grades and I'm always looking for a fun, exciting way for 5th and 6th graders to do a bookclub. Maybe, with parental permission, they could have their own LibraryThing for the books they read for the book club.

That's what so great about doing these 23 Things....all these new ideas!

Here's my LibraryThing page.

No comments: