Sunday, March 9, 2008

Week #4 Thing #9

Search Tools for Blogs--this isn't something I had spent much time on before and I found it very interesting. I've used the Bloglines search and sometimes felt it returned so many hits it was overwhelming. I've gotten many of my feeds from reading other's blogs and either clicking on a link or looking at their blogroll but that can be a random way to find new blogs. I liked Google Blog search because it's so clean and simple and familiar. Topix was very interesting--I especially liked the local section and top news. Blog Pulse was fascinating. I typed in Obama just to see what would happen and of course I got tons of hits. After typing in School Library Learning 2.0 it was fun to read some of the posts from people who are doing their 23 things at the same time I am. Feedster wouldn't load (or maybe I wasn't patient enough) so I'll count that as my most confusing one.

Knowing about these different search tools means it will be easy for me to search for a topic that is of interest to me both personally and professionally. I like that!

No comments: