Sunday, March 9, 2008

Week #5 Thing #11

The Web 2.0 Awards list was great. I looked at the Books section (of course) and got hooked into LibraryThing. I set up my account and added some books--some of my own and some of the books in my library just to see how it worked. What fun!

I have voluntary book clubs in my library and I am always looking for new ways to entice my 5th and 6th graders. Having them set up a LibraryThing account might be perfect. They could write reviews of books and also find other books they might like.

I have been using iGoogle for sometime now...I like having my email come up on that page and love all the little gadgets....the weather, the clock, the Zen thought for the day. I have a CNN news gadget, too, and with all the election news it's been great to just click on a story. I've played around on Zillow, too, but have found recently that it is not reliable. For a while it had my house priced accurately but recently it went way up...totally incorrect.

This activity has been really fun....loved exploring.

I joined a Ning, but found it hard to keep up as I belong of CALIB and LM_Net. Between checking those each day along with my regular email and Bloglines....just can't fit any more in!

No comments: